Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Drone Operators providing fast and affordable surveys and reports in Liverpool, Wirral, Southport and Greater Manchester areas.

Building Regulations

With all building work, the owner of the property (or land) in question is ultimately responsible for complying with Building Regulations

Failure to comply with these rules and not making a ‘Building Approval Application’ with the local authority BCB or Private approved inspector before work commences may result in the owner being liable for remedial action imposed by the local authority Building Surveyor which could go as far as demolition and/or original reinstatement)

There are also other considerations you may need to address before you start work’ such as obtaining ‘Planning Approval’ health and safety requirements and permissions involving rights of way party walls or listed buildings consent.(see Planning Applications and Architectural Services)

Building Approval is usually required for new construction, alterations to existing building fabric and changes or additions to drainage, plumbing, heating and some electrical services. – In construction matters the application will normally involve submission of scaled maps, site drawings, cross sections, material specifications etc etc and if you are unfamiliar with this work a specialist Chartered Surveyor is usually a safer and quicker solution with less risk of rejection.

For a guide on FAQs and when Building Regulation approval is usually needed use the right side link.

Serving clients in Liverpool, Manchester, Southport and Wirral. – NHA Surveyors are experienced in making ‘Building’ Applications and preparing all necessary forms and drawings for submission to the Local Authority or alternative Private Inspector

Please  email your enquiry and we will contact you by return or call - 07967 129 679 - and speak to one of our surveyors .  - You can also use the online quote link at the top or RH side of this page.